A golden cornmeal crust surrounds savory ground beef in a kicky enchilada sauce for a one-dish wonder of a meal. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups 16 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 can 2 1/4 oz sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 2 cups water
- 1 can 12 fl oz evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup 2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapeños optional
- COOK beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, corn, olives and salt.
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Grease 12x8-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE corn meal, water, evaporated milk and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chiles. Reserve 2 cups corn meal mixture; cover with plastic wrap. Spread remaining corn meal mixture on bottom and up sides of prepared baking dish.
- BAKE for 10 minutes. Cool in dish on wire rack. Spoon beef filling into corn meal crust. Spread reserved corn meal mixture over beef filling.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with jalapeños.