Shrimp & Garlic Grits
Try this great grits recipe! The combination of shrimp, garlic and grits will bring rave reviews from your family and friends.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Albers® Quick Grits
- 1 container 6.5 – 7 oz. gourmet cheese spread, garlic flavor
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- BRING water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until grits are thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese spread. Keep warm.
- MELT butter and oil in large, nonstick skillet. Add tomato, garlic, tomato paste, Old Bay seasoning and cayenne pepper. Cook until tomato begins to soften. Add shrimp and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink.
- PLACE grits mixture on platter; top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro or chopped green onion, if desired.