Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes With Maple Syrup and Fresh Berries
Whole wheat flour and buttermilk combine to make a hearty but light pancake with a slight tang.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk*
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh berries
- GREASE griddle or skillet.
- COMBINE whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs and honey in a medium bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir until blended but still lumpy.
- HEAT prepared griddle over medium heat until hot. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with syrup and berries.
*Substitute 4 teaspoons lemon juice and enough milk to equal 1 1/2 cups. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.