If you enjoy a sweet and moist corn bread, you will like this recipe. Serve warm with a drizzle of honey.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Albers® Corn Meal & Grits http://alberscorn.com/