There are many ways to prepare chicken, but this one will surely surprise you. It's tasty and crunchy flavor will delight those who enjoy a hearty meal. Try taking it to a picnic and you won't believe your success!
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine melted
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp. milk or water
- 1/2 cup Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. chicken cut up and skinned
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Spread butter in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE eggs and milk in medium bowl. Combine corn meal, flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper in medium bowl. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, coating both sides, then into corn meal mixture. Place in prepared baking dish.
- BAKE brushing chicken once during baking with juices from pan, for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone.
FOR OVEN-FRIED FISH
- SUBSTITUTE 2 lbs. fresh or frozen (thawed) white fish fillets for chicken. Prepare as above. Place skin side down in baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Approximately 4 tsp. of Cajun or Creole seasoning can be substituted for the garlic powder, ground black pepper, paprika and salt.