Corn Meal Mush
This most basic of corn meal mush recipes makes a quick and easy side dish. Or try adding tomato sauce, your favorite cheeses or other flavorings to jazz it up.
- 3 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- COMBINE 2 1/2 cupss water and salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Mix corn meal with remaining water in small bowl.
- ADD corn meal mixture slowly to boiling water, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
FRIED MUSH VARIATION
- PREPARE as above. Pour into 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set. Remove from pan; cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- FRY slices in lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Albers® Corn Meal & Grits http://alberscorn.com/