Cheese Grits Casserole
At times, it's difficult to think of something else besides rice and mashed potatoes as a side dish for a dinner with meat, chicken or fish. Let us help you out by introducing this delicious, easy-to-make recipe that you'll love.
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup Albers® Quick Grits
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan or 2 quart baking dish.
- BRING water to a boil in a medium saucepan; slowly stir in grits. Cover pan; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- ADD 1 1/2 cups cheese, evaporated milk and butter to saucepan; stir until cheese and butter are melted. Add eggs, hot pepper sauce and pepper; stir well. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Albers® Corn Meal & Grits http://alberscorn.com/