This moist cornbread can be served with salads, soups, stews, chilies, or southern fried chicken. Try it toasted and spread with butter and jam in the morning.
- 1 cup Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- COMBINE meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, oil and egg in small bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- NOTE Recipe may be doubled. Use greased 13x9-inch baking pan; bake as above.
- SPOON batter into 10 to 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
Albers® Corn Meal & Grits http://alberscorn.com/