Shrimp & Garlic Grits
Try this great grits recipe! The combination of shrimp, garlic and grits will bring rave reviews from your family and friends.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Albers® Quick Grits
- 1 container 6.5 – 7 oz. gourmet cheese spread, garlic flavor
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
BRING water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until grits are thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese spread. Keep warm.
MELT butter and oil in large, nonstick skillet. Add tomato, garlic, tomato paste, Old Bay seasoning and cayenne pepper. Cook until tomato begins to soften. Add shrimp and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink.
PLACE grits mixture on platter; top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro or chopped green onion, if desired.