A golden cornmeal crust surrounds savory ground beef in a kicky enchilada sauce for a one-dish wonder of a meal. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups 16 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 can 2 1/4 oz sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cups Albers® White or Yellow Corn Meal
- 2 cups water
- 1 can 12 fl oz evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup 2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapeños optional
COOK beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, corn, olives and salt.
PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Grease 12x8-inch baking dish.
COMBINE corn meal, water, evaporated milk and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chiles. Reserve 2 cups corn meal mixture; cover with plastic wrap. Spread remaining corn meal mixture on bottom and up sides of prepared baking dish.
BAKE for 10 minutes. Cool in dish on wire rack. Spoon beef filling into corn meal crust. Spread reserved corn meal mixture over beef filling.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with jalapeños.